EVERYONE has an estate and there are BASIC QUESTIONS TO PONDER BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER STARTING THE PROCESS OF ESTATE PLANNING:
In the POSSIBILITY that you become incapacitated --
* Who would you want to manage your assets?
* How would you want to be cared for -- both financially and medically?
* Who would you want to make medical decisions for you?
* What about your children -- who will care for them physically and who will care for them financially?
* Do you own a business? How will it stay afloat?
In the CERTAINTY of death --
* How is everything going to be paid for?
* Who would you want to raise your children & how do you want them raised?
* What would be your wishes with regard to your body -- do you want a traditional burial, cremation, donation to science, donation to another person?
* What assets would you be leaving behind and how do you want them distributed? Do you want to ensure that those distributions are done according to your wishes?
* Do you own property? What do you want to see happen with it?
* Are you a business owner? What do you want to happen with your business?
* Have you had those critical conversations with your loved ones?
That is estate planning - having a well-thought-out and strategic plan in place. A quality estate plan begins with YOU, and we would like to assist by providing you with a referral to Shannon Wilson, Esq. and Legacy Legal, LLC. -- www.legacylegalatl.com. Click on the Estate Planning Box in the center of the home page.